Thursday, August 25, 2005

Yet Another Book Purchase or This Time, It's Maths

Recent Data Mining lectures have been looking at the Apriori Principle. The discussion of a set-theoretic framework within which to consider data mining (more specifically, market basket analysis) prompted me to have a look in the maths section of the Coop Bookshop for a book on the topic.

I came out with a copy of Introduction to Lattices and Order. What [little] I've read of it so far is very well written.

The bad news is that I need to get back into reading so that I can write the literature review and background sections of my thesis without screwing anything up or misrepresenting anything too badly. I have a feeling that it's going to be a long time before I finish up the 17 books I've got bookmarks in.

No comments: