Monday, June 20, 2005

Finding the Muse

Finding the Muse

Recently I've been on a Harry Potter fan fiction trip. Specifically, I've been revisiting my fascination with Pumpkin Pie, or the Harry and Hermione "ship". While it has been wonderful rereading some of my favourite stories, I've also discovered some brilliant new stories.

Finding the Muse is, while not strictly speaking Pumpkin Pie, one such gem. While lots of Harry/Hermione stories have plots reminiscent of Days of our Lives, Eastenders or Home and Away, this is a truly wonderful story that explores an aspect of Harry Potter's world that I, for one, had never even considered but not seems glaringly obvious: the lack of music.

I'm sure that echoes of Finding the Muse will be appearing in my thoughts and writing on Harry Potter for a long while.

No comments: