Friday, February 04, 2005

Some More Comics

I posted the following on one of my other blogs:
Viper Comics: Dead@17: The Complete First Series
Aria Volume One
Remote Volume One

I've just been to the comic shop spending the money I should be saving for kitchenware and next weeks food (I'll have to cook my own meals after I move into B&G tomorrow). I got Dead@17: The Complete First Series, Aria Volume One and Remote Volume One.

I got Aria as the cover art reminded me a little of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (English Scanlation) as did the cover text. I've not read it yet, but a quick flick through has made me want to go back (though the shop'll be closed now) and buy the other two volumes although, now that I think about it, they only had the third on the shelf. If this book turns out to be anywhere near as good as YKK, I'll have to try an get some more of his work.

I haven't read Remote yet, but I chose it due primarily to the cover text and the colour section at the front (though a quick flick through the book cemented the decision). I usually like detective and police related anime and manga (series such as Spiral, Saint Tail and the various Patlabor films, books and series come to mind) so I don't think this is much of a gamble.

I have just finished reading Dead@17 and it has once again reminded me that the Japanese do not have a monopoly on great comics. I'm definitely going to be getting the rest of Dead@17 and sooner rather than later.

It looks like Impact are going to be getting hold of a large chunk of my disposable income in the immediate future.

No comments: