Wednesday, February 23, 2005

On (or rather next to) my iPod

iPod Note Reader User Guide (PDF)

The other week, I bought myself a new iPod (and iWork) from my local Apple shop. Today I was poking around Apple's site and decided to see if they had an SDK of any description for the iPod. Apparently they do not, but I did find the user guide for the Notes application. It looks like you can get it to do some pretty cool tricks. When I get the time, I'll have a go at knocking together a bit of a demo of the sorts of things it can do, maybe set a short story to music and sound effects or some such, like those children's books with little icons in the text which cue the child to press the appropriate button to get a sound effect.

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind using XML for some of that stuff, but it's their product after all, so they can engineer it anyway they like. All we have to do is buy them... :-)

No comments: